New Recall Management System
The biggest feature introduced in our latest Praktika release is the re-designed Recall Management system.
- Recall Groups: organise recalls into manageable groups that can be assigned to a particular person as a task (max 100 recalls per group).
- Recall Groups Actions: apply actions to multiple recalls (print, email, SMS, reschedule, etc.)
- Individual Recall Actions: apply actions to single recalls (print, email, SMS, reschedule, etc.)
- Timeline of Recall Actions: visual representation of all recall actions per each recall (incoming and outgoing correspondence, telephone calls, messages, etc.)
- Support for various means of communication with patients and records of the outcomes (email, SMS, post, telephone calls)
- Finite Recall Lifetime: prompting for action (new communication attempt, rescheduling, etc) when the recall is “stuck” beyond the defined threshold.
- Mail Merge for Documents printing and emails: prepare a single template with placeholders to print or email multiple documents.
Recall System Updates
- Templates are added to the Recall Notes
- Practice optional setting to complete and reset recalls on appointment completion
- Find all patients without recalls in the Recalls Due screen
- Record incoming and outgoing telephone calls
- Mark a telephone call as “Failed”
- Cancel the recall if the Patient’s status is changed from “Current”
- Specify the threshold to prompt for another recall action
DYMO Label Printing from Praktika
Praktika now supports DYMO labels printing. We recommend DYMO LaserWriter 450 Turbo as an affordable, versatile, easy to use, robust label and card printer.
- a single label from the Patient Navigator Screen
- single or multiple self-adhesive labels from the Patient Directory or Recalls. We support the most common DYMO label formats.
Extended Email Functionality
The email support in Praktika has been further extended to include:
PNG Image Support
PNG image support has been added to Patient Imaging files. PNG is a lossless compression format (as opposed to JPG, which is a lossy format). Files saved as PNG do not undergo the optimisation process that decreases the image quality so the files are saved ‘as is’.
JPG format is still a preferred method for saving document files, where the image quality is not critical.
- Practice Setting parameter added: “Cheque Payable To:”. You can find it in Practice Details -> Tax Invoice setup.
- GST on items 999 in Tax Invoices & Reports changed – it is a GST 100% component
- Charting Occlusal Surfaces on Crowns allowed (Restorative Charting)
- Scheduler shunting problem in some browsers is fixed
- Growing Up Smile new fee schedule added
Printing from Windows 8 and 8.1
On top of the known and still existing issues with printing from Chrome on MS Windows (Hello, Google, it’s been a year since the bug was recorded!), there is now a new printing issue with the newest Windows versions. The latest version of IE seems to ignore the text and prints only graphics, while the latest Firefox tends to print blank pages. The errors are not happening for everyone and may depend on the particular software versions and settings. So far the only workaround we found on Windows 8 computers is to install Safari Browser and run Praktika through it.
We will keep you updated on these issues.
- Please email to us if you would like to receive Praktika’s previous newsletters.